This blog is about my journey back to that vaguely familiar place where just being me was enough. It’s a homecoming about:
- understanding and clarifying who I am and who I am not
- creating through photography and writing, which is both the light which illuminates my path and the path itself
- becoming more accepting and comfortable with who I am
- learning how to live more authentically
- expressing myself and sharing myself with others
Because I photograph what I write about and I write about what I photograph, different types of blog entries have naturally emerged. So, you will find that in addition to traditional blog posts, there will be “Passing along a positive thought for the day” and “Affirmations” posts (nature photographs I’ve taken coupled with a meaningful quote or affirmation), “Insightful Images” posts (unique still life photographs I’ve created and taken accompanied by an insightful message about the image), and “Penny for Your Thoughts” (a brief spiritual topic is explored and readers are encouraged to share their perspectives).
Beyond this, I don’t know how this blog will unfold over time, just as I don’t know where, on my journey, I will be six months from now. All I do know is that being on the right path headed in the right direction is almost as good as being back home.